Who we are
This Site is owned and operated by Jomast 6 Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under registration number 04145506, with a registered address at Oriel House, Calverts Lane, Bishop Street, Stockton-on-Tees, TS18 1SW.
Please read the following carefully to understand the terms and conditions regarding how your personal data may be used and protected by us.
What personal data we collect about you & why we collect it
We collect the information you give us when you register with us, email us, arrange a property viewing and complete a Tenancy Application Form.
If you submit an enquiry through our website the information you enter into the form is sent to us. We only collect the basic information required to establish the nature of your enquiry and to give a means of responding to you.
By entering your details in any fields requested you enable us to provide you with the information or service(s) you select.
We may already hold personal information about you which you have given to us previously, either online or in person. You agree that we may update your existing records to add your personal data to the existing information we hold about you.
We may collect and use the following personal information about you:
- your name and contact information, including email address and telephone or mobile number and where relevant company details;
- Information to enable us to check and verify your identity, eg your date of birth;
- your gender information, if you choose to give this to us;
- your billing information, transaction and payment card information;
- your professional online presence, eg LinkedIn profile;
- information from accounts you link to us, eg Facebook;
- information to enable us to undertake credit or other financial checks on you.
This personal information is required to provide services to you and we may request additional information from you. If you do not provide the personal information we ask for, it may delay or prevent us from providing services to you.
How your personal data is collected
We collect most of this personal information directly from you—in person, by telephone, email and/or via our website. However, we may also collect information:
- directly from a third party, eg:
- credit reference agencies;
- customer due diligence providers;
- from a third party with your consent, eg your employer, previous landlord, bank or building society;
- from cookies on our website;
- via our IT systems.
Embedded content from other websites
Pages on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We use Google Analytics to anonymously track usage of our website. We use data from Google Analytics to improve our services. The data we collect is not personally identifiable.
The information we collect includes:
Including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
Information about your visit
This includes the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time), pages you have visited, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages and page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs).
How and why we use your personal data
We will use the information we collect from you:
- to provide you with the information, products or services that you have requested;
- to send you information about other products and services that may be of interest to you, if you have given us your permission to do so;
- to update and add to our Customer Relationship Management System (CRM) for interested parties looking at properties within the Jesmond Three Sixty complex;
- to administer, support and improve the services and information we provide;
- to notify you about important changes or developments to our products or services;
- to determine your eligibility, with respect to certain of our products or services;
- to complete referencing, identity and Right to Rent checks as part of your Tenancy Application;
- to carry out credit checks via external credit reference agencies to ensure applicants are likely to be able to pay for our services;
- for the performance of our contract with you or to take steps at your request before entering into a contract;
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to update our existing customer records about you;
- for our legitimate interests or those of a third party (a legitimate interest is when we have a business or commercial reason to use your information, so long as this is not overridden by your own rights and interests);
We will ensure that we only use your personal information where you have given consent and will only keep your personal data for as long as is necessary.
Who we share your personal data with
We may share your personal information with:
- companies within the Jomast group
- third parties we use to help deliver our services to you, eg payment service providers and the DPS (Deposit Protection Service);
- other third parties we use to help us run our business, eg marketing agencies or website hosts;
- third parties approved by you, eg social media sites you choose to link to or third party payment providers;
- credit reference agencies;
- our insurers and brokers;
- our bank.
We only allow our service providers to handle your personal information if we are satisfied they take appropriate measures to protect your personal data. We also impose contractual obligations on service providers relating to ensure they can only use your personal data to provide services to us and to you. We may disclose and exchange information with law enforcement agencies and regulatory bodies to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
We may also need to share some personal data with other parties, such as potential buyers of some or all of our business or during a re-structuring. Usually, information will be anonymised but this may not always be possible. The recipient of the information will be bound by confidentiality obligations.
We will not transfer any of your personal data to destinations outside of the European Economic Area and will never share your user information with third parties for promotional purposes.
Our website is hosted by DOMAINCHECK. You can view their terms online here – https://www.domaincheck.co.uk/terms-conditions/
Where your personal data is held
Information may be held at our offices and those of third party agencies, service providers, representatives and agents as described above (see above: ‘Who we share your personal data with’).
How long we hold your data for
We will keep your personal data while you have an account with us or we are providing services to you.
Thereafter, we will keep your personal data for as long as is necessary:
- to respond to any questions, complaints or claims made by you or on your behalf;
- to show that we treated you fairly;
- to keep records required by law.
We will not retain your personal data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of personal data
When it is no longer necessary to retain your personal data, we will delete or anonymise it.
We have procedures in place to regularly review EVERY 365 DAYS what personal data we hold.
Protecting your data
We have security measures in place to protect our Site and data you submit online. These include:
- A web application firewall and login protection to prevent malicious access to our website
- Daily security scans and 24/7 monitoring in place to detect issues before they become problems
- Timely updates to software including security fixes
Data breach procedures we have in place
Should we be subject to a data breach we will contact any person whose personally identifiable data has been compromised and inform them within 72 HOURS, of becoming aware of the breach, where feasible.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies – these are cookies that are required for the operation of our Site.
- Analytical/performance cookies – these allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
Third Party Links
Access to your data, correction and unsubscribing
You have the right to find out about what information we hold about you. You can exercise that right by contacting us and we will send you any request for information in a suitable electronic form within 30 days. To make a request for information please contact email@example.com and a member of our team will be in touch.
If your personal data is incorrect then you have the right to rectify this information and ensure that it is accurate and up to date. If your data is incorrect then please contact us at the email address above and a member of the team will rectify this on your behalf.
You have the right ‘to be forgotten’ and in certain situations, to have your personal identifiable information permanently deleted from our systems. You also have the right to require us to restrict processing of your personal data in certain circumstances. Again, if you would like to exercise this right then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
There will be no charge made for reasonable access to your information, your right to rectification or for your right to be forgotten from our systems. In order to exercise these rights you must let us have enough information to identify you (e.g. your full name & address); let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill); and let us know what right you want to exercise and the information to which your request relates.
Our contact information